Collective Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collective Minds

A site created for support and understanding of spiritual and non-spiritual concepts.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At home in the far away, the far away of the East

+4
loveyduck
Sententia
Cosmic_Debris
Monk_EC
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Monk_EC

Monk_EC

Some pictures of my journey in India...

Thus far I have been pleasantly surprised by the welcoming, hospitable nature given freely by the peoples of this nation.

The kindness and chivalry experienced here is a far cry from the uneducated perceptions and prejudice which exists within the collective consciousness of Great Britain. These people are honest, hard working and have an approach toward life which is family orientated.

They spend their evenings in the parks, allowing time for nature and the appreciation of the simple things they have in life. Standing testament to their attitude is the scarcity of television, computer games, alcohol and the greater numbers of the population being vegetarian.

Having now been to this place and experiencing it first hand it is clear to me that many a leaf could be taken from the old book of the east.

And so, I introduce to you Delhi...

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576619743_7c1df6b3b0_m

Old Delhi, rich in classic Indian culture, cycle rickshaws, hindu cows, temples, mosques and the long reaching arm of the Golden Arches (a.k.a Mc Donnalds).

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576619737_0bb4672440_m
My good friend Asif. I heard Batman is taking care of Delhi these days but it's good to know that Superman is still around (even if he is a bit out of shape).

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576783199_3a807c45af_m

Jamia Masjid, this is a huge mosque complex in Old Deli. It is possible to get into the top of those watch towers, you have to climb up a seemingly endless, winding, cold, dark straircase. At the top after you have recovered it reveals Delhi, a never ending plateu of buildings all the way to the horizon as far as the eye can see.

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576619755_a5cfb3121c_m

The square, there were many Muslims here taking photos of this place because it is a major place of worship and is visited from all over the world like a kind of Islamic pilgrimage.

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576619749_314c257c2b_m

Ah these two bold as brass they were, "Hello, hello, my friend ! My friend, come, take our picture"

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576736863_6e6104162f_m

Two of the grounds keepers at the previous home of Indira Gandhi. It has been turned into a type of museum which has news paper cuttings of her achievements in the halls, different medals and historical references. The rest of the house has been kept the same as the fateful day she left for the last time. I was impressed by the modesty with which she lived, and stood for ages looking in at the library where she spent those lonely nights trying to resovle peace for her nation.

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576736849_c50760d251_m

The great India Gate. Is that a pine cone I see, looks like the one I saw in the Vatican... what could be the significance of that I wonder ? And the structure itself looks remarkably like the Arc de Triomphe I saw in Paris doesnt it ? hmmm...

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576619761_9bb1cf7300_m

Everybody likes this picture, Indian mother with her little girl in the back ground taken beside the great gate.

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576736853_f7c85df5a8_m

The presidential palace, on the hill over looking the India gate. This is the place where the wealth of India is horded. And look another coloumn !! Same as the one I saw in London what was it... Nelsons coloumn ? And what about the one in Paris, Napoleons coloumn ? And of course theres the one in Rome Caesars coloumn... hmm and in all these major cities too, I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

At home in the far away, the far away of the East 4576736857_8853ceb223_m

Another picture of the palace grounds, I've got to hand it to them the architecture is amazing.

Ok, there is more and I will post them soon. I hope you enjoyed this little insight and that you will join me again on my travels.

Namaste from India, M_EC

Last edited by Monk_EC on Wed May 05, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dyslexic perfectionist)

Cosmic_Debris

Dude, right nice pics! I can feel the heat!

Sententia

Sententia
Admin
Admin

Those are awesome..

That pic with superman gave me a good laugh. lol

It looks like a beautiful place, far away from the materialism of the west.

https://collectiveminds.forumotion.net

4At home in the far away, the far away of the East Empty India!! Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm

loveyduck

Hey Monk

Awesome photos......I wouldnt mind living in that there palace! very nice!.

Keep posting pic's, makes me feel like im travelling almost. Cool

Lovey

Arum

Arum

Hi Monk

You have a great eye for photography, wonderful shots.
Smile

6At home in the far away, the far away of the East Empty coolness! Tue May 11, 2010 8:42 pm

coralinemclights

great shots monk!!! you captured the beauty of india for us...

7At home in the far away, the far away of the East Empty Nice work !! Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 am

jitu7

hey damien, great shots !!
superman thing was really funny..hehe

StephenM

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting. My favourite line of yours has to be 'Is that a pine cone I see, looks like the one I saw in the Vatican...'!!! Classic!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum